Table of Content
- Eligibility Criteria for LLB Admission 2024 in India
- Entrance Exam
- Application Process
- Admit Card
- Top Law Colleges in India
Law has always been an esteemed profession in India. With the increasing demand for legal services. The number of law colleges and universities in the country has also increased. Admission to law colleges in India is through the national or state-level entrance exams. In this blog, we will discuss the process of LLB Admission 2024 in India.
Eligibility Criteria for LLB Admission 2024 in India
The eligibility criteria for LLB Admission 2024 in India vary from college to college. However, some common criteria are:
- A candidate must have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.
- The minimum marks required in graduation are usually 45% for general category students and 40% for SC/ST/OBC students.
- The age limit for admission to LLB is usually 30 years.
- Some law colleges also require a candidate to clear the entrance exam with a minimum qualifying mark.
Admission to LLB Admission 2024 in India is through various national and state-level entrance exams. Some of the popular entrance exams for LLB admission 2024 in India are:
- CLAT (Common Law Admission Test)
- AILET (All India Law Entrance Test)
- LSAT (Law School Admission Test)
- SET (Symbiosis Entrance Test)
- MH CET Law (Maharashtra Common Entrance Test for Law)
- AP LAWCET (Andhra Pradesh Law Common Entrance Test)
- TS LAWCET (Telangana State Law Common Entrance Test)
Application Process for LLB Admission 2024 in India
The application process for LLB Admission 2024 in India usually starts in January or February. The following are the steps involved in the application process:
- Registration: Candidates need to register for the entrance exam by providing basic details like name, date of birth, email id, and mobile number.
- Filling the Application Form: After registration, candidates need to fill the application form by providing personal, academic, and contact details.
- Uploading Documents: Candidates need to upload scanned copies of their photographs, signature, and other required documents.
- Payment of Application Fee: After submitting the application form, candidates need to pay the application fee. The application fee varies from exam to exam and also depends on the category of the candidate.
- Submission of Application Form: After completing all the above steps, candidates need to submit the application form.
After the completion of the application process, the concerned authority will release the admit card for the entrance exam. The admit card contains important details like the candidate’s name, roll number, exam center, date, and time. Candidates must carry the admit card to the exam center and a valid ID proof.
After the announcement of the result of the entrance exam, the counselling process begins. Candidates who have qualified for the entrance exam will be called for counselling. During the counselling process, candidates can choose the college and course of their preference. The allotment of seats is done based on the rank of the candidate in the entrance exam, the availability of seats, and the preference of the candidate.
Documents Required for Counseling
The following documents are required for the counselling process:
- Admit Card
- Rank Card
- SSC/10th Class Mark Sheet
- Intermediate/12th Class Mark Sheet
- Graduation Mark Sheet
- Transfer Certificate
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Income Certificate (if applicable)
- Residence Certificate
- ID Proof
Top Law Colleges in India
India has several top-ranked law colleges that offer LLB courses. Some of the popular law colleges in India are:
- National Law School of India University, Bangalore
- National Law University, Delhi
- National Law University