Job security is a concern for private sector employees in India. The economy has been downslide, forcing companies to cut costs and staff down. As a result, many jobs have become insecure in recent years. However, it doesn’t mean you cannot find work if you want one badly enough! There are several ways that you can increase your chances of securing employment after being laid off:
What is “Job Security”?
Job security is the ability to keep your job. It is different from being unemployed, which means you have no access to a job.
Job security is essential for both public and private sector employees in India. The government cannot fire public sector employees unless they commit a serious crime. It is different for remote sector workers, who can be let go at any time. Job security is essential in India because it protects people from losing their livelihoods due to personal circumstances beyond their control.
What are the main reasons for the affected job security in India?
The main reasons for the affected job security in India are:
- The economy is growing at a fast rate. According to data released by the World Bank, India’s economy grew by 7.2% in 2018-19, and it is expected to grow by 7.7% this fiscal year (2019-20).
- In comparison, China’s GDP growth rate was 6.6% in 2018 and 5.8% in 2019, respectively; therefore, if you compare these two countries with each other, you will find that India has a much higher growth rate than China does!
- It means that there are lots of opportunities for job seekers who want to work as employees or freelancers/contractors in their respective fields, such as IT services etc., as well as those who want to start up their own business or venture into entrepreneurship etc., provided they have enough knowledge about such areas which could help them increase profits from their investments over time so they can earn more money through different sources like freelancing jobs offered by companies like Google Inc., Facebook Inc., Amazon Web Services Inc., Microsoft Corporation (MSFT), Oracle Corp.(ORCL), Salesforce Software Incorporated (CRM).
How to Prevent Layoffs? How to Get Job Security?
If you are a new employee, it is essential to understand the reasons for layoffs and take advantage of new employment opportunities. To prevent layoffs, develop skills that are in demand. If you have enough skill and experience to meet the needs of your job, then stay motivated by learning more about what is happening with your company and industry so that you can stay up-to-date with trends in technology or other factors that affect companies’ bottom lines.
It’s also essential for employees who are experiencing a layoff not only to know what caused their termination but also to be aware of where else they could go if they wanted another opportunity at work like this one again down the road! This way, they’ll be prepared when another company comes calling with an offer just as good (or even better).
- Become Aware: The best way to avoid job loss is to become aware of what is happening in the market. You need to know how many jobs are available and how much money it will take for you to survive.
- Develop Skills That Are In Demand: You should look for opportunities that offer better pay or benefits than those provided by your current employer. If there aren’t any such opportunities, then it might be a good idea for you to look into becoming certified as an expert in some field so as not only to increase your chances of getting hired but also increase your chances of getting paid more than what they would have paid if they had hired someone else instead of hiring someone who already has this credential or certification.
It is optional to be a specialist. You can develop skills that suit your abilities or learn a profession’s basics and then specialise in it. After that, you don’t have to worry about your job security. For example, suppose you want to work as an accountant. In that case, you could start by taking courses at your local college or University and then specialise in accounting after completing your studies.
For this strategy to work well for you, the industry must have enough demand for those jobs so that employers will always have positions available when they need them filled.
You can stay motivated by doing something you love or finding an opportunity to develop new skills. If your job could be more fulfilling, look for a mentor who will help guide and support your career growth. Getting job security that is fulfilling and rewarding is also a meaningful way to maintain motivation in the long run. Learn how to manage stress as well (i.e., through meditation).
Take Advantage of New Employment Opportunities.
The private sector is creating more jobs than ever before. The average number of new jobs created each month in India has been rising, but matters like recession and economic downsize can make it challenging to find a job. If you are unemployed, take advantage of new employment opportunities and prepare for the next wave in job creation.
Keep your eyes open for new opportunities that might come up, and take advantage of them when they do! You can also consider starting your own business. The Startup India initiative is helping entrepreneurs just like you set up their ventures.
The growth of technology and globalization has fueled this increase—and it’s continuing at an accelerated pace as we speak: according to a recent study, one out of every five job seekers expects their company’s total number of employees will increase by 20 per cent or more during their lifetime.
What does this mean for you? If you want to secure long-term employment with your current employer or find another position elsewhere within your industry (or even outside), now may be a good time to look into new opportunities!
Job Security is a Concern for Private Sector Employees in India.
Job security is a concern for private sector employees in India.
However, job security is not a concern for government employees. It’s also not an issue in the IT sector or banking industry. Job security for employees in India is a big concern. There are several reasons for this, including:
- The lack of laws protecting employees’ rights to work and live in an environment free from harassment and discrimination
- The high rate of employee turnover and the resulting difficulty in businesses have found qualified workers
- The widespread practice of hiring contract workers instead of full-time employees
- The lack of protections for women working in low-paying jobs like farming or textiles
- A shortage of skilled workers in many industries (like IT).
The government has taken steps to address some of these issues, but the situation remains challenging.
In conclusion, job security is a concern for private-sector employees in India. The government must provide better employment opportunities for these workers to keep them from losing their jobs. Besides, there are several steps you can take to get job security in this country & some of which are mentioned in this blog.