Marketing is the field of business and management that focuses on the strategies, processes and activities involved in promoting products and services to consumers. It includes market research, marketing communications (advertisements, sales promotions), product pricing, distribution, and many other activities.
The Field of Marketing is gaining Tremendous Importance in Recent Times
Marketing is the study of consumers and their behavior. It aims at understanding why people buy goods and services, how they decide what to buy, when they will make purchases, as well as how much they are willing to pay for these products. Marketing is a dynamic field that is constantly evolving due to changes in customer preferences and technology advancements (such as the use of mobile phones or Internet).
The field of marketing has gained tremendous importance in recent times because of the digital revolution which has changed the way consumers interact with brands through social media sites such as Facebook or Twitter; websites like TripAdvisor or Zomato; smartphones with apps such as Uber Cab Booking service.
PhD’s in Marketing are always in demand.
In today’s highly competitive job market, PhD in Marketing are always in demand. With the current economic climate and the growth of social media, companies are looking for educated candidates who can help them reach their goals. The PhD in Marketing is a highly sought-after degree because it provides you with the tools and skills needed to successfully compete in the global marketplace.
A career in marketing research can be a rewarding experience, because it is always in demand. For example, you may work for a chemical company or an advertising agency. You could also be employed by a car manufacturer or even by a university as a professor.
Another area where jobs are plentiful is public relations (PR). PR professionals are responsible for creating and maintaining healthy relationships between companies and their customers, clients and other key stakeholders. If you’re interested in working with people rather than numbers, then this might be the right career path for you!
Purpose of a PhD in Marketing
- The PhD in Marketing is a uniquely specialized discipline that has something to offer to every field.
- The doctoral degree in marketing is designed to provide the highest level of education and training in the field of marketing. It is a three-year program that aims to provide a comprehensive understanding of the business process, its evolution, and its impact on society.
- The purpose of this program is to develop knowledge and skills in order to be able to apply these principles effectively in a wide range of organizations.
- This course focuses on the process of marketing and management, which involves the identification, analysis and planning of products or services for customers through different channels such as communication media (including advertising) and distribution channels.
A PhD in marketing can get recruited into various positions like Research Associates, Consultants, and Business Analysts.
You can work as a research associate in a market research firm and collect data for the company to use for their products. You will also be asked to perform market analysis and create reports based on that analysis. Your salary would be around 3 lakhs – 4 lakhs per year, but experience counts as well. If you’re lucky, you can get promoted to manager within three years or so.
For consultants, it’s important for them to have experience working in industry because they help companies make decisions regarding their products or services. Some consultants specialize in IT while others concentrate on marketing or finance; therefore, they may earn more than someone who just has an MBA degree (which is usually not enough). Their salaries range from 75k – 90k depending upon where they live and how many years of experience they have under their belt!
Business analysts usually work closely with management teams so that they can understand what needs improvement within an organization’s structure before implementing new changes into existing systems/processes which could result in higher productivity levels at lower costs due to less wasted time spent on inefficient processes which slows down operations dramatically….
With the advent of new technologies and the digitization of marketing/advertising/promotion, marketers now have a new way to connect with consumers.
With the advent of new technologies and the digitization of marketing/advertising/promotion, marketers now have a new way to connect with consumers. Digital marketing has become so popular that it’s become a crucial part of any business’ strategy.
The benefits are undeniable: digital marketing is more effective than traditional marketing;
- it costs less;
- it’s more targeted;
- and it can be measured more easily.
A PhD in Marketing allows you to take what you’ve learned through your studies and apply it to real-world situations. This means that once you’ve completed your dissertation (which can be as short as 10 pages), you’ll be ready to start working on product development or marketing campaigns right away!
Marketers need to be Technologically Savvy to stay relevant in Today’s World.
- Marketing is a rapidly changing field. In order to stay relevant, marketers must be able to adapt and evolve with the times.
- Many of the most important aspects of marketing rely on technology. As a result, you’ll need to be well-versed in digital marketing tools if you want to be successful in this industry. You should also learn how data analytics can help improve your campaigns so that they become more effective and efficient over time.
- Even though being technologically savvy is important for marketers today, it won’t necessarily help them make money right away after graduation (especially if they don’t already have any experience).
- Instead, it’s best for new graduates who are just starting out their careers that they focus on improving their interpersonal skills instead so that they can better connect with others both at work or outside work hours as well!
The future of marketing is bright and exciting! With the advent of new technologies and the digitization of marketing/advertising/promotion, marketers now have a new way to connect with consumers. This will help them understand their needs better and offer products that meet those needs. Marketers also need to be technologically savvy in order to stay relevant in today’s world. So if you are planning on pursuing a career in this field, then there are many colleges offering programs on PhD level which will help you get trained in different areas like branding management or advertising research methods etc.