There are several universities and institutions in India that offer PhD programs in Economics. Here are some examples:
- Delhi School of Economics, University of Delhi: Delhi School of Economics is one of the premier institutions in India for economics research and education. It offers a PhD in Economics program that covers a wide range of topics such as macroeconomics, microeconomics, econometrics, development economics, and public economics.
- Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU): JNU is a top-ranked public university located in New Delhi, India, and offers a PhD in Economics program that focuses on issues related to development, globalization, and economic reforms.
- Indian Statistical Institute (ISI): ISI is a leading institution in India for statistics, mathematics, and computer science research and education. It offers a PhD in Economics program that emphasizes quantitative methods in economics research.
- Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR): IGIDR is a research institute located in Mumbai, India, that specializes in development economics research. It offers a PhD in Economics program that focuses on issues related to economic growth, inequality, poverty, and governance.
- Institute for Financial Management and Research (IFMR): IFMR is a business school located in Chennai, India, that offers a PhD in Economics program that focuses on finance, accounting, and economics research.
These are just a few examples of the many universities and institutions that offer PhD programs in Economics in India. When considering where to pursue a PhD in Economics, it’s important to research and consider the faculty expertise, research opportunities, and funding options available at each institution.
- You must login to post comments
Please login first to submit.