Are you interested to do a Pharma Course? Or you wish to enter the Pharma Industry?
Yes! Then, B. Pharma is the best course for you after your high school.
Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharma) is an undergraduate degree course in the Pharma Industry. The students those are interested in the medical field (except to become a doctor) can choose this course after the completion of class 12th (PCM/B). After the completion of this degree, the students can practice as a Pharmacist.
Pharmacists can work in a range of industries related to the prescription, manufacture & provision of medicines. The duration of this course is 4 years.
The B. Pharma is one of the popular job-oriented courses among the science students after class 12th. In this course, the students study drugs and medicines, Pharmaceutical Engineering, Medicinal Chemistry, etc. This course provides a large no. of job opportunities in both the public and private sectors.
Courses & Duration:
The Pharma industry offers you with lots of career opportunities. If you wish to make your future in the pharmacy sector than you can choose one of the several courses. These course may be diploma, degree or postgraduate degree course. The detailed list of the courses in the Pharmacy sector is given below:
- – Diploma in Pharmacy (D. Pharma)
- – Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharma)
- – Master of Pharmacy (M. Pharma)
- – Doctorate in Pharmacy (Pharma. D)
Diploma in Pharmacy (D. Pharma):
The D. Pharma is a foundation course in the pharma industry for the duration of 2 years. This course covers the basic information related to the Pharmacy field. It comprises of all the subjects which are related to the pharmacy field.
Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharma):
B. Pharma is an undergraduate degree course in the pharma industry. The duration of this course is 4 years. After the completion of this course, an individual can practice as a Pharmacist or chemist.
Master of Pharmacy (M. Pharma):
Master of Pharmacy or M. Pharma is a postgraduate degree course in Pharmacy after the completion of this course, the student can either work in a company or go for higher studies.
Some of the top pharmacy colleges in India offer UG & PG courses are given here:
- Government Pharmacy Institute, Barriatua
- Government Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram
- Govt. College of Pharmacy, Bangalore
- Government College of Pharmacy, Maharashtra
- Jamia Hamdard University, New Delhi
Eligibility for the Pharma Industry
- Students who want to join the B. Pharma program have to fulfill the given eligibility criteria:
- For admission to the Pharmacy courses, student must have passed class 12th with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics/Biology.
- Students have to secure a minimum of 50% marks in the qualifying examination.
- Students, who pass the three-year Diploma in Pharmacy (D. Pharma) are also eligible.
- To get admission into the Pharmacy course, students have to complete their 10+2 education & apply for the national-level or state-level Pharmacy entrance exam.
- The national level entrance exam is Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT 2022).
- You can also apply for the state-level exams such as:
- TS EAMCET 2022,
- AP EAMCET 2022,
- BCECE 2022,
- WBJEE 2022, etc. as per the eligibility criteria of the exams.
- There are various exams conducted by private and public universities for admission to the various graduate and postgraduate Pharmacy courses.
- There are some famous university-level exams like BVP CET 2022, IPU CET 2022, MHT CET 2022, etc.
- Few Institutions offer direct admission into the Pharmacy program without appearing in an entrance test based on the 12th mark.
Career and Jobs in the Pharma Industry
- The pharmacy sector offers lots of opportunities to the students after the completion of the course.
- The students can work in a Pharmaceutical company or can practice as a Pharmacist. There is huge number of opportunities available for the students in both public and the private sector. You can also work in a government sector.
- Beside this, you can also work in an Abroad Company.
- After completing a graduation degree, you can work at government hospitals, private medical shops & private hospitals/clinics.
- You can also start your own consultancies & medical shop.
- With knowledge of pharmacy you can also work with Indian Army.
- The army recruits B Pharmacy graduate candidates with proper physical ability.
- Army Medical Corps or Soldier Pharma and Sepoy pharma are some of the positions that students can apply for.
- The students can work in a Pharmaceutical company or can practice as a Pharmacist.
- In Pharmaceutical Company, you can work in departments such as quality control, manufacturing, packing marketing, production, etc.
The Pharma Industry is a wide subject to hop on. But with interest and engagement, Pharma is for all. The industry has been thriving and people are getting more interested while Pharma helps you.