Pros and Cons while preparing for a PhD Admission.
- Contact the scholars in the university about the process and what is expected. The scholars are easy to find on the web. if not, that tells you something
- in India, the process has an interview and written test. The interview has a panel of senior academics. so, look at their interests and be aware
- if there are any professors in the dept whom you would like to work under, do the work about their work and become familiar
- prepare the presentation well and be prepared for the questions
- In the PPT, members expect a broad idea of the domain and some literature, and some plan
- Be clear about what you know and be upfront about what you don’t
- introduce the domain and instead focus on your problem
- take a lecture about the domain. There are students who do a complete lecture about cloud computing in the interview and finally say one slide about the topic
- avoid including references. References slide is a must. Take a printout of the 2–3 papers which you read the most
- talk about problems which were the norm 5 years ago. We saw a candidate who wanted to work on fingerprint recognition. Yes. It was fine 20 years ago. not now.
- rely on journals with a poor reputation. This reflects poorly on you.
- Aimlay answered 4 months ago
- You must login to post comments
Please login first to submit.